3.22.2006

Moving and training


In April 2004 I moved Oliver and Fawna to the Peppertree reanch in Livermore. We all began training with Kelly Albrecht. Fawna and I got much better at rounding and did a little jumping. I sold her about a year later to a 20 something newer rider named Terri (As far as I know she is still in Livermore and in training for Jumping).
Oliver started his first 6 months of training with some basic ground work, lounging, and ground driving. I bought a harness in November and we started getting him used to the harness and cart. In February 2005 we started him undersaddle. We spent the summer doing both riding and driving with him. I bought a cart at the end of the summer and spent the next couple months refinishing it. By the end of 2005 Oliver was going well and the Walk and trot in the cart and undersaddle. Kelly started some canter work with him and we decided to concentrate on riding for a while. I spent a couple weeks in early December doing alot of trail riding with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home